Thursday, March 5, 2015

The Beginning of Everything by Robyn Schneider Review

The Beginning of Everything
ISBN:978-0062217141
August 27, 2014
Amazon Link

 Ezra Faulkner was the golden boy of Eastwood

High. Captain of the tennis team and Junior class
president. However all of that was before the car
crash that not only shattered his leg but his life in
general.  
Readers will fall in love with Ezra, his charming
personality, and his mad pun skills. Author Robyn
Schneider does a great job creating the
heartbreaking plot but balancing it out with the gut
busting humor. I really enjoyed this book because the
characters were down to earth and  believable.

Though Ezra was the main character, he wasnt my favorite. I understand his depressed state and he was quite funny with his puns but his friend Toby was my absolute favorite. He was a great friend to Ezra, one I would count on no matter the situation. He made the story entertaining because the Ezra was too depressed and slowed the pace down a bit. Overall though Toby was a definite secondary character, I’d like to read more about if there ever becomes a short story.

The pacing sometimes slowed when we were inside Ezra’s head too often. The secondary characters picked up the pace and plot began to flow easily. I havent read many male voiced characterization so this was a breath of fresh air. There were just enough flashbacks to be enjoyable. I am not a fan of flashbacks but this had the perfect amount. I am glad this is a standalone but I wouldnt mind a few short stories with the secondary characters. I would definitely read more of Robyn Schneider’s future works.

Published by EM

No comments:

Post a Comment