Monday, November 3, 2014

Morganville Vampire Web Series: Glass House review


Rachel Caine's Morganville Vampire series is now a Web series. 
The first book Glass House is a six part Web series that add up to be about 65 minutes long.
Geek & Sundry Youtube channel hosts the videos 
For those who have yet to watch it, the videos are now available to marathon

I haven't had the chance to read the series yet. But I did read the first three chapters of Glass House on Vampirelibrary.com and liked it but didnt have a copy at the time to continue. 

I believe there are 15 books in the series. I own the first 9 though.

After watching the Web series, I have to admit, I really want to read the series now. The Web series gave me an idea of what the book is about but only focused on key points. 

I wasn't able to pick out anybody from the crowd but the actors in this show have some well known titles under their belt. Since I wasnt expecting the series and only found out about this the week before Halloween, I can't say I can judge who should play who. But as a newbie looking in, the casting is different. 

What I found neat was that Fans could submit a video to be a character in the Web series. Rachel Caine herself watched every video and according to Penguin Teen Australia there were over 200 videos submitted. I IMDB Morganville Vampires and there's several people without acting background. So that's pretty neat.

Overall, the acting was mediocre. I found it really hard to take seriously at times because I felt the actors didnt connect well with each other. However, I also think the limited amount of time was a big influence and little things started to irk me. I had to wait to every single week day for a new video to come out. And I guess the wait was so much longer than the videos, my expectations were too high. 

I definitely recommend people watch this though. If you are sad, this might be the pick up you need. The more views the better chance the second book will become a 6 to 8 part Web series. I'd like to see this continue because there arent many Web series out there. 

My favorite so far is Aim High with Jackson Rathbone and Aimee Teegarden which can be viewed for free on Crackle. There's two seasons of it and adds up to be over 2 and half hours of hilarious footage. The cast in Aim High are known for Once Upon a Time, Twilight and Starcrossed.

But Anyway! Watch it, Esp if you've read the book. and let me know what you think.

Published by M


No comments:

Post a Comment