Thursday, August 14, 2014

Take Back the Skies Review

Take Back the Skies (Take Back the Skies, #1)
ISBN: 978-1619633674
June 3, 2014
Amazon Link 
Government official daughter Catherine Hunter just wants to be treated equally like a male. After learning she's betrothed to someone she loathes, she escapes onto the Stormdancer skyship as a boy named Cat. On board the ship, she does her chores gradually earning the crews trust and together they learn and uncover secrets her father and the government are hiding from the public. For example, children are being taken from their families to fight in the war that never seems to end. Where are they taken to and why haven't any of them come back?

The writing is mediocre at best. I would recommend this to a younger audience ages 9-12. This will be a six book series. The cover is absolutely gorgeous and the main reason why I gave this a chance. I'm curious to see the next five covers. However, I'm not going out of my way to read them.

Have you read this author's work? Leave a comment below! Sign up for my email newsletter at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/mandemread, and follow me on Twitter @Miaswartz1, and add me to your Circle on Google Plus at mimizane@gmail.com. Check in every two weeks for more updates and posts! 


Published by M

No comments:

Post a Comment