Saturday, April 12, 2014

TBF News

As I mentioned before, I am attending the 9th annual TBF in May 2014 at Nazareth College in Rochester, New York. This will be my second year attending the event. I invited three friends of mine to join me who are (like me) Heidelberg University graduates. The drive over from Ohio to New York is four and half hours long therefore, my friends and I will read Ann Brashares's new book The Here and Now, (before we leave) as a topic of conversation.


List of Authors coming to TBF 2014
Key:
*: I own their work
@: I read their work
#:I met them before   

  Laurie Halse Anderson*
     Jay Asher*
     Jonathan Auxier
     Paolo Bacigalupi*
     Charles Benoit*#
     Ann Brashares*@
     Cecil Castellucci*@
     Joelle Charbonneau*@
     Alexandra Coutts*
     Gina Damico
     Simone Elkeles*@#
     Lisa Greenwald
     Ellen Hopkins*#
     A. S. King*
Amber Lough
     Alethea Kontis*@
     E. Lockhart*
     Alex London*@
     Michelle Madow
     Lauren Myracle*
     G. Neri
     Nancy Ohlin
     Marie Rutkoski* 
    Tess Sharpe
Neal Shusterman*
     Andrew Smith*
     Meagan Spooner*@
     Aaron Starmer
     Margaret Stohl*@
     Cristin Terrill*
     Terry Trueman#

I own over 35 books from these authors that I plan to have signed. Most of these books I own on my Kindle Keyboard. Joelle Charbonneau, Amber Lough and Alex London have books set to release after TBF. I was lucky enough to receive ARCs including Joelle Charbonneau's Graduation Day (June 17, 2014) and Alex London's Guardian (May 29, 2014). Several authors attended TBF last year and toured in Columbus, Ohio the week before which is how I met a few of them already.


With just over a month left, I plan to read three more authors before TBF, including Cristin Terrill's All Our Yesterdays, Marie Rutkoski's The Shadow Society, and Lauren Myracle's The Infinite Moment of Us. Out of all the authors, I’m extremely anxious to meet Cecil Castellucci. Every year there is an overflowing amount of young adult subgenres, for example in 2009, the trend was vampires; in 2010, werewolves; in 2013, dystopians; and this year the trend is aliens. Cecil Castelucci’s Tin Star was an amazing addition to the collection. 

Have you read any of these author's work? Do you have any recommendations? Comment below to let me know! Sign up for my email newsletter at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/mandemread , follow me on Twitter @Miaswartz1 and add me to your Circle on Google Plus at mimizane@gmail.com.


Check in every two weeks for more updates and posts!

My friends who are going also have Blogs. Check out the list of authors they are looking forward to meet at TBF.
Published by M

The Books that I Own

No comments:

Post a Comment